BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

DrainDAD Deck

Ok guys so I was looking at past DrainDAD decks for ideas in case I decided to build DrainDAD irl. I test decks in real life as well as on Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2009 - Stardust Acelerator and generally get an idea of how well I can do with the deck and how well it does against remotely good versions of top tier decks in real life. I tested this on Stardust Accelerator against Judgment Dragon, and most of the time he generally gets the best of me with sacking me with Judgment Dragon, Celestia or Honest and generally topping Heavy Storm when it royally screws me over. Well when I played him using this deck, I did really damn well, this deck has excellent speed, usually gives you exactly what you need or at least something you can use. I didn't dead draw with it, and the deck in the end left Judgment Dragon with no cards on his field, and "Skill Drain" + "Beast King Barbaros", "Colossal Fighter", "Goyo Guardian" and "Destiny Hero - Doom Lord" staring him down when he only had 200 life points left. So without further ado, here's the deck.

Monsters:
[2] - Beast King Barbaros
[1] - Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
[1] - Dark Armed Dragon
[2] - Destiny Hero - Defender
[1] - Destiny Hero - Doom Lord
[1] - Destiny Hero - Fear Monger
[2] - Destiny Hero - Malicious
[1] - Destiny Hero - Plasma
[1] - Elemental Hero Stratos
[2] - Krebons
[2] - Mystic Tomato
[3] - Phantom Dragon
[1] - Sangan

Spells:
[2] - Allure of Darkness
[2] - Book of Moon
[2] - Destiny Draw
[1] - Emergency Teleport
[1] - Gold Sarcophagus
[1] - Heavy Storm
[3] - Trade-In

Traps:
[2] - Bottomless Trap Hole
[1] - Call of the Haunted
[1] - Mirror Force
[3] - Skill Drain
[1] - Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck:
[1] - Armory Arm
[1] - Black Rose Dragon
[1] - Blackwing Armor Master
[2] - Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
[1] - Colossal Fighter
[1] - Flamvell Uruquizas
[1] - Goyo Guardian
[2] - Magical Android
[1] - Mist Wurm
[1] - Red Dragon Archfiend
[2] - Stardust Dragon
[1] - Thought Ruler Archfiend

So there is the deck, now some things may look, "weird" but it actually works. DrainDAD became rather biggish after Jeff Jones won at SJC Anaheim, teching "Phantom Dragon", I believe a single copy of "Destiny Hero - Plasma" and only two copies of "Beast King Barbaros". I think his deck actually had a few flaws because of this. I decided his 2 "Beast King Barbaros" idea with a single copy of "Destiny Hero - Plasma" wasn't a bad thing, it was just the fact that "Destiny Hero - Plasma" and "Phantom Dragon" could result in dead draws. I can't tell you how many times I've dead drawn them in real life or just in testing. I realized a way around this would be to use "Trade-In". "Trade-In" is a spell card like "Destiny Draw" for level 8 monsters, discard one level 8 to draw 2 cards. Simple effect and its pretty good. "Destiny Hero - Plasma", "Phantom Dragon" and "Beast King Barbaros" are all level 8 monsters. "Destiny Hero - Plasma" is searchable via "Elemental Hero Stratos", "Phantom Dragon" benefits from any monster that Special Summons, examples would be; "Wulf, Lightsworn Beast", "Judgment Dragon", "Dark Armed Dragon" and "Chaos Sorcerer". "Beast King Barbaros" alone is a 1900 beat stick if you choose to summon it without a tribute or can wipe out all your opponent's cards if you tribute 3 monsters to summon it, and it keeps its 3000 attack points. Using all of these results in an easier way to use the deck, because with "Trade-In" in this deck, if you happen to dead draw any of the level 8 monsters, you can simply dump them to draw 2 more cards. When I tested this deck I went through three draw cards in my first turn. "Allure of Darkness" and two copies of "Trade-In". Aside from the wacky level 8 monsters and the amount of each I use, the deck is self explanatory, and so far its proven to be a really good deck. I'd recommend trying it.

- Kyle

0 comments: