BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 28, 2009

ToonDiva

So, I had a crazy idea earlier. I was going through my commons and came across Toon Summoned Skull and found myself staring at it, I had a pile of my Sea Serpent cards close by and Deep Sea Diva came to mind off the bat.

Deep Sea Diva
WATER
**
[Sea Serpent / Tuner ]
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck.
ATK/ 200 DEF/ 400

Before we look at the deck, we'll look at the card that gave me this idea, well for the most part. Diva has the ability to pull Spined Gillman, Mermaid Archer, Deep Sea Diva and the random Atlantean Pikeman from the deck. Now, since its going to be easy to pull Toon World from the deck by either drawing it or with Toon Table of Contents, and the fact that Toon Dark Magician Girl and Toon Summoned Skull can be Special Summoned by tributing 1 monster, well you can see how that works. Not only can Diva provide a monster to tribute for TDMG or TSK, but since shes a Tuner monster, you can use TDMG/TSK as synchro materials before the opponent can rid the field of Toon World. Now I also use 2 Salvage in the deck, im sure you can see why. Diva, Gillman, Archer and Mermaid are all targets for Salvage's effect. pulling back 2 Toon Mermaid, dropping them both and summoning Diva, pull another Diva from the deck, and double Synchro. Now, you may not pull that off all the time but still, its a valid example. Below is the deck.


Monsters: 20
3 Deep Sea Diva
3 Spined Gillman
3 Mermaid Archer
3 Toon Mermaid
3 Toon Summoned Skull
3 Toon Dark Magician Girl
1 Sangan
1 Atlantean Pikeman

Spells: 12
3 Toon World
3 Toon Table of Contents
2 Salvage
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Fires of Doomsday
1 Scapegoat
1 Heavy Storm

Traps: 8
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dark Bribe
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Mirror Force
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Torrential Tribute

Ok, most of it I believe I've talked about already above but Scapegoat and Fires of Doomsday I haven't talked about but they should be obvious. They provide free token monsters that I can use as tribute fodder for special summoning my Toon Summoned Skulls and Toon Dark Magician Girls, being able to tribute 2 tokens to put 2 level 6 monsters out then summon Diva, grab another Diva and double Synchro is always nice right? This is just a deck idea however and wouldn't mind trying it if I manage to get all the cards. I am thinking of siding into a full kind of Toon deck with Future Visions, Vengeful Bog Spirit and so forth. Anyways thats it for now and if I update it well you'll know so long as you keep coming back for more ;)

-Kyle

0 comments: