BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 30, 2009

Deck Review 1 - Fishy Beast

Ok, so its not the best name but I figured I'd do one of my own decks as a starter and I dont know what else to call it. So anyways heres the build:

Monsters: 20
3 Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth
3 Beast King Barbaros
3 Oyster Meister
3 Royal Swamp Eel
3 Golden Flying Fish
3 Fishborg Blaster
2 7 Colored Fish

Spells: 12
3 A Legendary Ocean
3 Moray of Greed
2 Pot of Avarice
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Brain Control
1 Lightning Vortex

Traps: 8
3 Fish Depth Charge
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute

Im basing the deck on how I'd build in real life and I dont have certain cards. I was looking through cards earlier and people were posting on my trade list on Pojo mentioning they have fish and all of the sudden it hits me. Coelacanth doesn't prevent monsters it special summons from being tributed. Ok.. so that generally means +3-4 monsters off the bat, and most people use Oyster Meister and Royal Swamp Eel or use Eel with another level 4 fish to synchro summon a level 8 monster. But as you can see I've added Beast King Barbaros. When its summoned by tributing 3 monsters, you destroy all cards your opponent controls and it keeps its base/original attack rather than dropping to 1900. Being able to swarm with Fish and tribute 2 Oyster Meister and one other monster for Barbaros means you keep 5 monsters and destroy all cards your opponent controls. 7 Color Fish was added purely as a beatstick compared to other monsters out there I just think 7 Color would be more useful. I think I only need to discuss 1 spell and trap in here. The only spell to discuss is Moray of Greed. Its a brand new card from Stardust Overdrive that allows you to return 2 WATER monsters from your hand to the deck to draw 3 cards. With this and Pot of Avarice your deck will be stocked with Fish you can summon with Coelacanth. Fish Depth Charge is the only trap to really discuss. Tribute a Fish to destroy a card then draw 1 card. Tributing Oyster Meister results in a +1, and Fishborg Blaster you can keep summoning back by discarding a card. Its not worth it for Fish Depth Charges effect but again im pointing it out. I really like this deck and im gonna try and perfect it or something so yeah. Hope ya enjoyed reading this! Be sure to follow me and subscribe to my YouTube! =D

- Kyle


0 comments: